The Ride Spinning Event
The Ride Spinning® Event is a training and fundraising event supporting The Ride For Roswell
-- a year-round fundraising program for Roswell Park Cancer Institute
and its mission to understand, prevent and cure cancer. The Ride Spinning® Event is designed to encourage current and prospective riders to adopt a healthier lifestyle and gives indoor cyclists the opportunity to fundraise in support of Roswell Park. The event also serves to increase community awareness of and involvement in The Ride For Roswell, which culminates in a celebratory cycling event every June.
Photo courtesy of Buffalo Athletic Club
- BAC Eastern Hills - 4687 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY 14221
- Free spinning offered at BAC Eastern Hills from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm on Feb. 4, 11, 18, & 25.
- Hive Lifespan Center - 9570 Transit Road, East Amherst, NY 14051; feel free to bring your own bike and trainer
- World Gym - 5110 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY 14075
Individual Options: Choose from 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-hour time durations.
Team Options: A team consists of four (4) or more individuals spinning for one or more hours.
Relay Team Options: Four individuals cycle for one (1) hour each for a total time of four (4) hours.
Registration & Pledge Minimums: $10 registration and a minimum fundraising of $250 must be raised to participate in your first event.
Prizes: Awarded to top fundraisering individuals and relay teams.
Corporate Sponsors: Opportunities for companies to sponsor the event or adopt a one of a hundred indoor cycling bikes at the event. Contact us for more information.
Duration Start Times
10:30am - Registration
11:00am - Relay Team Begins
12:00 (noon) - 3-Hour Individual Begins
1:00pm - 2-Hour Individual Begins
2:00pm - 1-Hour Individual Begins.
This year the Fitness Club created a Seasons Pass with one fundraising minimum for the entire year to participate in up to four events:
- The Ride Spinning (March 4, 2012)
- The Ride For Roswell (June 22 and 23, 2012)
- The Ride Grand Island (August 4, 2012)
- The Ride Boston Hills (September 22, 2012)
- People can participate in one, two, three, or all four events.
- Your $10 registration fee and fundraising minimum of $250 must be raised in order to participate in your first event.
Individual and Team Participants
• Register as an individual cyclist: If you’re participating as an individual, you need to select your location and duration of either one (1), two (2), three (3) or four (4) hours to cycle. Once you’ve chosen that you can determine your start time. Remember to eat a good breakfast and keep yourself hydrated throughout. Coaches and trained professionals will be on hand to assist you.
• Register as a relay team team captain
: You must register first before team members can join your team. A minimum of four (4) active individuals can be on your team. All team members must participate at the same location. We will provide you with tools to motivate and communicate with your team along the way.
• Register as an individual on a relay team
: Talk to your team captain before registering to determine which time duration you will be completing. While registering, search for your teams name to join. Your team captain can provide you with the tools to get started and train together.
Training & Wellness
Indoor and outdoor training opportunities are offered each week for all riders year round. We encourage new indoor cyclist to take this free opportunity in order to prepare for the day of the event.
SPIN®, Spinner®, Spinning® and the Spinning logo, are registered trademarks that are owned and used under exclusive license by Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc.